Saturday, October 31, 2015

CORY WELLS



For those that are familiar with Three Dog Night, Cory Wells was one of their three lead vocalists (along with Danny Hutton and Chuck Negron). Delivering the goods in this role, he and his mates took Randy Newman's "Mama Told Me Not To Come" to the top of the charts in 1970. The band enjoyed much chart success before parting ways in 1977. Wells revived the group as a touring entity in the early 80s and they continued to work through to the present. He passed away on October 20th, age 74. A friend of mine reached out to me to remind me of this sad and significant loss of a great talent.

Charlie Ricci wrote a very fitting tribute to Wells on his blog, which I encourage you to read at Bloggerhythms

His entries are always insightful and very well written, this post being no exception.

3 comments:

Charlie Ricci said...

Hi Sean. I'm glad you liked 3 Dog Night, definitely underrated & thank you for the kind words about my blog. I like yours too, which is why I'm here now. Keep writing for us all.

Charlie

Charlie Ricci said...

Sean, even better is this post about Three Dog Night from the great blog The Hits Just Keep On Coming.

Sean Coleman said...

I will definitely check this out, Charlie. Thank you for the link.