Tuesday, June 26, 2012

RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS

Rush has a fantastic new disc out called Clockwork Angels. Being over a week late to the party, I have only just picked it up and taken it for a spin. Two listens thus far have confirmed that this is top class work.

I would normally submit a review in this space, but in the words of Krusty the Klown...

"I'm a lazy, lazy man."


Fortunately, Paul Lesinski over at Isorski's Musings has solved my problem with his terrific write up on the new album. As a musician and longtime fan of the band, his take is informed and spot on. Before you head on over there, take a quick look at the cover art.


The time is 9:12...or as expressed in terms of the 24 hour clock in the evening, the time would then read as

21:12

That's not the only nod to their past here. The astute listener will hear choice samples of Rush riffs from the mists of the seventies (Bastille Day is quoted at one point).

Don't take it from me, though. Click here

No comments: