Wednesday, December 08, 2010

LENNON



JL

One of the last interviews with the late John Lennon, conducted two days before his death. This is part one of a long piece. His voice is familiar to me as that of a family member. Without a doubt, many of you feel the same way.



It is hard to believe that 30 years have passed. I was 12 at that time and was shocked upon hearing the news the morning after. The rest of that week was simply surreal.

On a more upbeat note, here he is in his element, working on a track ("Oh My Love") for the Imagine LP.

3 comments:

Seano said...

Sean, Oh My Love has been in my head all day. I had been sleeping on the couch up until 20 minutes ago. When I woke, there it was again, just churning around echoing off of my cerebral cortex. I turn on my laptop, check out what's doing at pod, and uncannily....it appears again....is it a sign?

Sean Coleman said...

It's a great song, though the fact that it ran through your day yesterday is interesting. I always wonder about the significance of encountering a song or even a particular theme repeatedly through the day. There has to be a message in there somewhere...

Ludwig Drums said...

They have been one of my greatest influences why I have decided to be a drummer. Legendary and totally inspiring.